The Fall and Rise of My Golf career

Over the last 6 months, Ihave decided to take up the ever popular sport of Golf, I went to the Driving range for the first time, and with some excelent guidence, I thought this was going to be a doddle (how wrong I was!).

I was swing the club like a light-sabre, when I realised there was a technique to this that I had to master, I eventually took up the correct stance, swung at that little dotted ball. Looked down and the ball was still there on the tee, I thought give it another go. I looked down the driving range and tried to visualise the shot and where I want the ball to end up. Again I swung at that little ball, and YES, It flew but to my demise the ball shot straight to the left. I turned around and swore and cursed and went home with a sulking manner.

I went for my first 9 holes at a golf course in Blackrod, Wigan, with the father-in-law, I thought I have had a few shots that have looked half decent, (when I say decent, decent for a dwarf with one leg and a stutter!) . Tee'd off and the shot when a massive 50 yds WOW!. went through the holes in two hours and 7 balls later, I actually thought I had a very good round.

I have brought a new pair of shoes especially for golf, again went back to the 9 hole golf course, we paid for 18 holes and as my shoes were new I could only manage 9 holes before I nearly collapsed in agony, as my heels were like mini volcanoes oozing plasma and gunk, to my girlfriends credit she allowed me to wake her every morning around 6:30am to dress my feet.

Again 15 balls later, I was really annoyed, My round was complete by me taking the shot from the tee, and it landing in the bunker, and when I got there my ball was missing, I felt like placing my clubs on Ebay and completely forgetting it. I will not allow this to beat me!

But I plan to practice a lot more and hopefully I will be playing along side Tiger Woods when I am close to retirement! because that is as long it will take for me to hit the ball straight.

Comments

Phil Handford said…
Come on Teggers ! More tales of the (Crazy) Golf course! - and more votes for just me to vote on !

Popular Posts